This blog entry will be very short as it's pretty late (10.33pm Christmas evening).
One of the things I have been dying to see in Vancouver was snow. And one of my 'dreams' for this trip was a white Christmas. I was probably starting to drive Bronwyn and Nathan nuts with my constant checking of the weather forecasts and the frequent use of a four letter "s" word. Every time I mentioned my desire to see a white Christmas the locals would look at me funny and tell me that this was highly unlikely. Well, the weather proved them wrong!
About 1.00pm this afternoon, snow flurries started falling, and within a couple of hours we had a dusting of snow on the sidewalks and lawns. But things got even better!! Round four, we left for Christmas dinner at Claire's flat, which is roughly 6 blocks away from our basement suite. We headed up West 10, gaining another 30m or so in elevation. There it was like Narnia, with proper powdery flakes and crunchy snow underfoot. It was awesome. Snow covered pavements and lawns, trees and cars. This Winter Wonderland was just a 5 minute bus ride up the road...Yes, I am an extremely happy chappy!
More on Christmas day next time I blog.
By the way, feel free to check out my photo albums on Picassa. (Snow pics to come).
http://picasaweb.google.com/samJmcguire/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sam,
I have enjoyed reading your posts on your time in Vancouver. I'm glad you're enjoying your time with our friends. I hope you were able to see some whales at Vancouver Island!!! What a great Christmas gift N & B gave you!
Blessings,
April
Post a Comment